Silk Peel is an exfoliation procedure that removes the skin cells in the uppermost layers of skin, which are often the most damaged. A diamond-tipped handpiece exfoliation device is used along with a vacuum-induced system to deliver pore cleansing and dead skin cell removal. During the procedure, the vacuum action also pushes pro-infusion solutions deep into the skin, where it can have a more intense effect. Here are five reasons a silk peel treatment may be for you!
1. Better than microdermabrasion- A classic microdermabrasion and silk peel start the same, but only the silk peel provides pro-infusion solutions during the procedure. These solutions are infused deep into the skin and address a variety of skin concerns.
2. No downtime, no pain- Each cosmetic procedure chosen depends on different skin
conditions, and the desired results each patient wishes to achieve. The silk peel is non-invasive, involves no chemicals, no downtime, and no pain. It is perfect for those wanting a fresher and younger look, but not through a more invasive procedure.
3. Immediate results- The infusion process provides quick and lasting results. The fullness, smoothness, and radiance last for days, and since the procedure stimulates healthy skin renewal, previous skin concerns are minimized. Although silk peel can be done in one procedure, a series is recommended to maximize desired results.
4. Choice of serums- There are four unique serums designed to address a variety of skin concerns. These are used alone or in combination with each other.
- Hydrating-Addresses dry skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Vitamin C- Addresses sun damage, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Lumixyl- For patients seeking a brighter complexion due to hyperpigmentation, melasma, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Clarity- Addresses inflammatory and non-inflammatory acne and acne scars.
5. 15% off Silk Peels right now! - Right now, we have a 15% discount off our silk peel treatment, so there is no better time to try it.
To take advantage of this fantastic special, contact us to book a consultation appointment.
Alamo Heights Dermatology has a wide range of preventative and cosmetic services available for all your skincare needs. If you or someone you love is interested in learning more about the services we offer, click HERE to learn more.
Over 35 million men and 21 million women suffer from hair loss. It can manifest itself in several ways, and several factors can contribute to it. Most hair loss is not preventable, but that doesn’t mean you have to accept it. With a variety of solutions currently available, hair loss progression can be slowed or even reversed in some cases. Most people think hair loss is only about seeing bald spots or thinning hair. However, hair loss is anything but simple and can have many causes.
Hair Loss Explained
Hair loss occurs when the hair growth and shedding cycle are disrupted, or scar tissue replaces a damaged hair follicle. It can affect any part of your body, but for this blog, the focus will be the scalp. It is most commonly found in men and can be temporary or permanent. Symptoms can include gradual thinning on top of the head, circular or patchy bald spots, sudden loosening of the hair, and patches of scaling that spread over the scalp.
Genetics is the most common cause of hair loss. Other reasons include hormonal changes, medical conditions (alopecia areata, diabetes, and lupus cause hair loss), medications and supplements, stressful events, radiation therapy, and specific hair treatments and styles.
Even though you cannot prevent most types of hair loss, there are steps you can take to avoid the additional loss of hair. A few examples are:
- Avoid hairstyles that pull the hair tight, such as buns and ponytails.
- When washing or brushing, treat your hair gently by reducing the amount of pulling.
- Avoid harsh hair treatments such as rollers, perms, and hot oil.
- Avoid constantly rubbing, pulling, or twisting your hair.
Nutrafol: Hair Loss Solution
Alamo Heights Dermatology now offers Nutrafol, featured in People, Esquire, GC, Forbes. This 2018 Esquire Grooming Award winning treatment is a drug-free hair health solution that has equal benefits for both men and women. The ingredients in Nutrafol help address the key factors that contribute to hair loss by improving the overall health of those who take it. Increased hair growth and fullness, and improvement in hair strength and appearance are a few of the reported results. In addition to improving hair quantity and quality, Nutrafol has been shown to reduce stress and fatigue, enhance sleep, focus, and concentration.
If you are ready to take the next steps in improving your overall hair health, there is no better spot than Alamo Heights Dermatology. Our expert support staff and board-certified dermatologists are ready to help discover the right solution for you. To learn more about Nutrafol or one of our other hair loss treatment solutions, call (210) 255-8447 or visit our website.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.