If your 2020 goals involve a more centralized focus on you, we want to be sure your skin isn’t left out of the plan. Alamo Heights Dermatology has what you need to take care of everyday skincare with our cutting-edge products and services to tackle those problem areas that may be causing concern. Skincare doesn’t have to be a “task,” but rather a fun, relaxing way to treat yourself and protect it at the same time.
Importance of Skincare
Exercise and a well-balanced diet are recommended to stay healthy. The skin is no different, as it plays so many essential roles in the overall wellbeing of your body. It protects you from viruses and illnesses, regulates your temperature, and absorbs the necessary nutrients for other parts to function correctly. Protecting it from the sun, ensuring it is properly cleaned and moisturized, and addressing any skin issues with a dermatologist are just a few ways to keep it in tiptop shape.
AHD Recommended Products
Finding products for your skin is easy, given there are so many options. If you are starting your skincare journey, an excellent place to start is to figure out what type of skin you have so you can obtain the right products for you. A simple way to do this can be found on our website here. Our board-certified dermatologists are happy to consult with you to check your skin and find the right options that would work best. We carry a full range of products sure to address the needs of your skin.
A few of our favorites are:
- Elta MD Daily Tinted SPF 40- Lightweight moisturizer that can be worn alone or under makeup. Contains hyaluronic acid to boost moisture retention and reduce fine lines.
- Senté Dermal Repair Cream- Formulated with patented HSA (Heparan Sulfate Analog) technology and is clinically shown to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Topix Derma Gentle Cleansing Lotion- Non-drying facial cleanser safe for even the most sensitive of skin. Softens and hydrates to protect from the elements.
- Nutrafol Hairbiotic- Improves hair quality and growth from within by providing a healthier environment for hair to grow.
You deserve to have the skin you always wanted and taking care of your skin has never been more critical. Let Alamo Heights Dermatology help you accomplish both with our comprehensive general, cosmetic, and surgical options. Whether it’s a full facial, eczema treatment, or unwanted hair, we have you covered.
To set an appointment for a consult, call (210) 255-8447, or click here. January’s special is 10% off laser hair removal packages, so contact us TODAY!
It's a new year! While many are making their traditional resolutions, some are plotting their fight against unwanted hair. Excess hair can be a problem for both men and women, and most hair removal techniques are temporary and painful. So, if you’re waxed out, tweezed out, threaded out, or shaved out, read on.
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a perfect hair removal solution that boasts long-term results. The lasers use thin beams of light that are aimed at precise areas of the body. The energy from the light heats the hair follicle, damaging it. The damage slows hair re-growth, allowing you to enjoy a much more extended hair-free period. The process has minimal discomfort and downtime.
Hair grows in cycles and depending on the coarseness and color of the hair, the number of required treatment sessions will vary. Laser hair removal works best on dark hair and may not be as effective on blonde, gray, or red hair. It can be done in-office and works on many parts of the body from the upper lip, chin, underarms, chest, back, neck shoulders, and the sensitive bikini areas, to name a few!
The treated areas may be red for a day or two after, but ice packs and anti-inflammatory cream will help any discomfort.
The Perfect Time
Alamo Heights Dermatology’s January special is 10% off laser hair removal packages, so it is the perfect time to get started. Considering the Texas Heat comes sooner for us southerners, you will also be beach-ready well ahead of the summer sun!
If you are tired of the pain and effort it takes to remove your unwanted hair, call us to set up a consultation at (210) 255-8447 or click here. Our expect team will discuss your options based on specific skin types, what is needed, and expectations.
We have 20 days left until New Year’s Eve, y’al! This is a great time to assess the overall health of your skin as you begin to make your resolutions for the upcoming year. At Alamo Heights Dermatology, we know that everyone’s skin is different. Our consults for general, cosmetic, and aesthetic services help to find the right course of action for you. If you are wondering how to get your skin ready to ring in 2020, then stay tuned!
Being in Texas in “winter” means turning on the heater at night and AC during the day. Even though we do not truly experience the bitter northern cold, the weather affects our skin the same, and we need to protect it still.
- Moisturize- The warm air blowing through our homes and the lack of moisture in the air can add up to dry skin. If you are moisturizing daily (as you should), you should switch to a thicker lotion and re-apply throughout the day.
- Keep it Gentle- Using a gentle cleanser, which doesn’t strip the natural oils will help keep your skin moisturized in the winter.
- Sunscreen- This time of year means less sunlight, but the sun is still there and can cause damage. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher. Don’t forget your lips! Choosing a balm with the same SPF requirements will keep them from drying out and protected from the sun (It also won’t hurt to be in tip-top shape for those mistletoe encounters!).
Above and Beyond!
Alamo Heights Dermatology is your one-stop-solution to get you ready for New Year’s and beyond. Our board-certified dermatologists and professional, attentive team will work with you to meet your individual needs. Below are just a few of the services we offer and a little more about their benefits:
- Silk Peels (15% off Special)- Dermal Infusion is an advanced skin resurfacing treatment that combines exfoliation, extraction, and infusion of condition-specific serums to improve skin health, function, and appearance. It is similar to microdermabrasion only BETTER!
- Dermaplaning- (includes cleanse, dermaplaning, mask, moisturize, and SPF) Dermaplaning is a simple exfoliating skin procedure that rids the skin of peach fuzz.
- Facials- Each of our facials include cleansing, steam, exfoliation, a masque, serums, and creams. Facials help remove debris, buildup, clears clogged pores, and the exfoliation removes dead skin cells. Collagen production is stimulated, and your skin will look rejuvenated as a result. We also offer mini facials and back facials!
- Lash & Brow Tint- Safe, natural, tints are used in a variety of colors that are guaranteed to complement your skin and hair colors.
To arrange your consultation, call (210) 255-8447, or visit our website.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.